Research Program Director
Employer: Girls Empowerment Sierra Leone
Reporting to: Executive Director
Supervisory Arrangements: This role would be under the supervision of the Executive Director
Duration: 9 months
Application Deadline: 30th of April 2022
Location: Freetown, Sierra Leone. Open to all nationalities.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application Instructions: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with Cover Letter and CV with “Research Program Director” as Subject Line.
Oversee the entire income generating entity of GESL with a strategic research focus.
As a holistic girl driven organization, GESL nurtures and transforms girls into leaders and social change agents to realize their dreams.
GESL offers comprehensive year-round support and programming to girls while giving them the knowledge, tools, resources, and networks to make an impact in their own lives and their communities.
We provide self-development and empowerment programs for communities led by school going girls to bring out their leadership potential, develop their skills, ensure safe space for sisterhood and peer to peer learning, and provide enrichment opportunities for their future growth and learning.
We are intentional about keeping girls in school and we do this through an innovative self-development and knowledge hub focused on self-development at the core with key programmatic focus areas including skills development, Health and Wellbeing Activism, Academic enrichment support and Career guidance.
Project Overview: GESL is seeking a Research Program Director to oversee the entire income generating entity of GESL.
- Design research strategies to fulfil the funding needs of specific projects.
- Develop data collection instruments and train team on use of such tools.
- Manage the research planning, implementing, and reporting the findings highlighting and summarizing essential information found their data analysis.
- Develop fundraising strategies, formulate solicitation procedures, and oversee all fundraising activities.
- Identify new donor bases, directs and coordinates solicitation of funds.
- Serve as the main liaison with funding partners and organizations.
- Lead grant-writing efforts and set funding goals.
- Lead the sourcing of bids, contracts, and grants.
- Lead the development of proposals, their submission and track follow-up with donors/funding bodies.
Educational and Professional requirements:
- Master’s degree in business/ Finance or any related discipline.
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role.
- Strong experience in designing, leading and implementing research project.
- Experience in supervisory role is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of girls related activities, gender and development principles and approaches.
- Very competent in fund raising drives.
- Ability to supervise, support, design, implement and oversee research projects of development related Programmes with a lens of fundraising.
- Very good communication (written and oral) skills.
- Good relationship building skills.