Company: Afriqia HR Solutions Ltd.
Length of Consultancy: 6 months Full Time
Nature of Role: Flexible Consultancy (Remote and Office Based)- Applicant must be based in Sierra Leone.
Deadline: 23rd of August 2023
How to apply? Applications must be submitted via email to email@example.com. Applicants must provide a Cover Letter, CV and indicate in the email body their monthly consultancy fee.
In addition to its core services, Afriqia HR Solutions Ltd. is currently supporting a client in the implementation of a project focused on expanding access to clean cooking solutions in Sierra Leone.
The Project Coordinator will be working directly with the Afriqia Consultancy team with the responsibility for managing and overseeing the various aspects of the project by working closely with project team members, stakeholders, and project service providers to ensure successful project implementation and the achievement of desired outcomes.
Project Planning and Monitoring:
- Develop a detailed project plan indicating the scope, timelines, deliverables, goals, and objectives of the project.
- Support in the implementation of the project activities and work plan.
- Identify key resources needed and develop a successful project execution roadmap.
- Coordinate and monitor the training of selected community ambassadors.
- Oversee the implementation of project activities and ensure they are carried out according to the project work plan and within timelines.
- Support the monitoring and evaluation officer to oversee the project achievements and matrices that will determine the impact and effectiveness of the project.
Leadership and Coordination:
- Facilitate effective collaboration and teamwork and ensure team members understand what their roles and responsibilities are.
- Ensure there is a positive and productive work environment.
- Coordination of resources, equipment, meetings, and information related to the project.
- Coordinate with the stakeholders involved such as FCC, and key Ministries representative(s).
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders to facilitate successful project implementation.
- Develop and Implement project sustainability and scale-up strategy.
Communication, Documentation and Reporting:
- Maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Prepare regular reports on project status, successes and challenges.
- Prepare necessary presentation materials for meetings.
Budgeting and Financial Planning:
- Support the financial inclusion expert in leading the development of partnerships with microfinance institutions to ensure proper mechanisms are created that will respond to the needs of the project targets.
Compliance and Risk Management:
- Ensure compliance throughout the project implementation.
- Identify potential risks and challenges that may impact the execution of the project and devise appropriate measures to mitigate such risks and challenges.
- Any other reasonable duties as assigned.
Education and Knowledge
- 5+ years of work experience as a project coordinator or similar role.
- Experience in working on clean cooking initiatives is a plus.
- Experience in managing and/or coordinating projects within slum communities is a plus.
- Experience working on financial and gender inclusion activities is a plus.
- Proficiency in using project management tools and software.
- Openness and willingness to engage key stakeholders on the field is a must. This is not a purely office based role.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to demonstrate effective project analytical skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Drive, resilience, and the ability to work under pressure.
- High organisation, multitasking and time management skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to think strategically, solve problems and make sound decisions in complex situations.