Primary English Language Teacher
Role: Primary English Language Teacher
Reporting to: Principal
Application Deadline: 7th May, 2023
Application Instructions: Submit CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com with “Primary English Language Teacher” in Subject Line.
The English Language teacher will be responsible for delivering high quality teaching, through planning engaging sessions to enable pupils to make the best possible progress. They must be able to demonstrate excellent subject, knowledge and communicate this in enthusiastic and imaginative ways. In addition, they will be expected to contribute to the routine and extra-curricular life of the school.
- Regularly review the curriculum needs and carry out improvement plans.
- Prepare English language lesson plans as per the syllabus, collaboratively and independently, and ensure they accommodate a range of abilities, levels and learning styles.
- Develop, and implement effective teaching tools and methods that will build children’s interest, competence and confidence with the appropriate English Language concepts, principles, methods and vocabulary.
- Developed a classroom that is fun and engaging.
- Develop, maintain and stimulate pupils’ curiosity, interest and enjoyment in the subject.
- Research modern techniques in developing and explaining the subject.
- Ensure to grade the homework and assignments of pupils in a timely manner.
Teacher Generic Responsibilities
- Set partnerships with parents involving them in their child’s learning through regular communication.
- Ensure the maintenance of good order and discipline among all children and safeguard their Health and Safety, both on school premises.
- Mark work according to subject specific and school marking policies, giving appropriate feedback and maintaining associated student records.
- Coordinateassessment and record-keeping procedures in class and report on students’ attainment and progress.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in English language or a related area.
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in a similar teaching position is required.
- Experience teaching according to the British Curriculum.
- Passionate about teaching and working with children.
- Ability to identify, take direction, and respond to key issues affecting children’s performance in progress.
Qualities and Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Good classroom management skills
- Ability to work extended hours.
- Demonstrate strong work ethics.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to manage stress.
- Must be creative and patient.