Primary 1 Teacher
Role: Primary 1 Teacher
Start Date: September 2022.
Work Area: Freetown, Sierra Leone.
Employer: British International School.
Application Deadline: 10th June 2022
Location: Freetown, Sierra Leone. Open to all nationalities.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application Instructions: Email email@example.com with Cover Letter and CV with “Primary 1 Teacher” as Subject Line.
To carry out the professional duties of a Primary 1 Teacher in accordance with the school policies under the direction of the school authority and contribute to the school’s goals.
- Plan and prepare well-structured, clearly presented teaching materials and teaching aids appropriate to the abilities of all pupils and the curriculum within the policies and procedures of the School.
- Work in developing curriculum and lesson plans for Primary 1.
- Teaching all areas of the primary curriculum. Plan lessons which will accommodate a range of ability, levels and learning styles.
- Ensure effective teaching of whole classes, groups and individuals so that teaching objectives are met.
- Ensure discipline and safe learning environment in which pupils can reach their full potential according school’s policy.
- Coordinate assessment and record-keeping procedures in class and report on pupils’ attainment and progress.
- Collaborate with Senior Management Team of the school to coordinate and ensure that the needs of all pupils are met.
- Ensure partnerships with parents to involve them in their child’s learning through regular communication.
- Check on pupil’s attendance at lessons and follow up on absences as appropriate.
Educational and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree/ Diploma in Education or related area.
- Relevant experience in a similar teaching position is required.
- Strong subject knowledge and mastery of a variety of teaching and assessment strategies.
- English language proficiency.
Qualities and Skills:
- Keen to provide an engaging, stimulating and supporting learning environment.
- Good classroom management skills.
- Strong organizational skills and work ethics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Being able to develop planning and assessment procedures is a plus.
- To identify, take direction and respond to key issues affecting children’s performance.
- Have an enthusiastic, positive, and engaging approach when working with children.
- Effectiveness in understating problems and making timely, practical decisions.