IGCSE/ A-Level Physics Teacher
Role:IGCSE/ A-Level Physics Teacher
Start Date: September 2022.
Work Area: Freetown, Sierra Leone.
Employer: British International School.
Application Deadline: 10th June 2022
Location: Freetown, Sierra Leone. Open to all nationalities.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application Instructions: Email email@example.com with Cover Letter and CV with “IGCSE/ A-Level Physics Teacher” as Subject Line.
The IGCSE/ A-Level physics teacher is responsible for preparing and engaging sessions by making the students build interest in Physics and who can perform effectively in an exciting and challenging cross-cultural environment.
- Prepare assessments and coursework as required by the syllabus and school assessment requirement.
- Support students to build critical and creative thinking skills through observation, inquiry, and experimentation.
- Developing teaching materials and teaching aids working within the policies and procedures of the school.
- Supervising lab sessions, delivering practical demonstrations and review safety procedures with pupils.
Contributing to the development of the department’s curriculum, resources, and teaching aids.
- Setting and marking homework and tests in accordance with school policies.
- Contributing to the improvement and implementation of learning strategies on the subject.
- Consistently and effectively setting performance target for student, by preparing course materials such as syllabus, assignments, and handouts compile, administer, and grade examinations.
- Evaluate and grade students’ class work, laboratory work, assignments.
- Prepare and implement the curriculum for students, with the goal of helping them develop confidence and proficiency in the subject.
- Record, maintain and document each student’s learning and progress.
- Check on students’ attendance at lessons and follow up on absences as appropriate and Assess and provide feedback on student performance on a weekly basis.
Educational and Experience:
- Bachelors/ Master’s degree in physics or relevant area.
- 3+ years teaching experience in the relevant area.
- Experience of delivering IGCSE/ A Levels Physics.
- An effective working relationship with students.
- Teaching physics at the highest levels will be an advantage.
- Sound knowledge of curriculum.
- Experience of incorporating and facilitating extension classes in physics is a plus.
- Self-motivated with a high energy level.
- Working in an international setting within a team that has a high proportion of cross-cultural environment.
Qualities and Skills:
- Demonstrate strong work ethics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to manage stress.
- Must possess high degree of confidentiality.