Finance Advisor (Part- Time Remunerated Role)
Role: Finance Advisor (Part- Time Remunerated Role)
Employer: Girls Empowerment Sierra Leone (GESL)
Application Deadline: 15th August 2023.
Location: Freetown, Sierra Leone. Open to all Sierra Leoneans.
Application Instructions: Submit CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com with “Finance Advisor” in Subject Line.
GESL’s Finance Advisor will provide support to GESL’s finance department to ensure adequate financial implementation and management of financial resources in line with GESL’s rules and procedures regarding all financial procedures.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop financial strategies by guiding GESL’s leadership team to establish goals; and match goals to appropriate financial plans.
- Offer advice regarding financial management information to GESL’s Finance and Admin Coordinator.
- Design and contribute to the implementation of more effective policies and procedures guiding financial management processes and procedures.
- Support, guide and work closely with GESL’s Finance and Admin Coordinator to monitor the budget, analyse financial plans, evaluate strategies and recommending changes where appropriate.
In his/her role, the Finance advisor should help GESL ensure:
- Presence of established cash control mechanisms.
- Updated and accurate accounting system.
- Regular internal audits are taking place of the existing financial management systems, procedures and practices.
- GESL identifies capacity gaps and areas which may require improvement and strengthening within the finance department.
- Review of all Finance documentation prior to board or donor submission- including but not limited to monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports.
Reporting and Role Management:
The Finance Advisor will be working closely with the Country Director under the direction of the Board Treasurer.
Time Commitment and Participation:
It is expected that this role will take the equivalent of 8 hours a week of Finance Advisor time.
- All Finance Committee Meetings
- Financial Strategy/Management Conversations
- In Country Meetings
- Wellness Check Ins
- Access to GESL’s internal trainings as well as external trainings as they arise and relevant.
- Access to GESL’s L&D fund for professional development purposes.
- Experience within a growth and learning focused feminist organisation.