Curriculum Development & Training Consultant
Employer: Girls Empowerment Sierra Leone
Reporting: Provide project reports to the Executive Director.
Supervisory Arrangements: This role would be under the supervision of the Executive Director
Duration: 15 working days
Location: Freetown, Sierra Leone. Open to all nationalities.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application Instructions: Email email@example.com with Cover Letter and CV with “Curriculum Development & Training Consultant” as Subject Line.
Development of curriculum and Training materials for GESL programs.
As a holistic girl driven organization, GESL nurtures and transforms girls into leaders and social change agents to realize their dreams.
GESL offers comprehensive year-round support and programming to girls while giving them the knowledge, tools, resources, and networks to make an impact in their own lives and their communities.
We provide self-development and empowerment programs for communities led by school going girls to bring out their leadership potential, develop their skills, ensure safe space for sisterhood and peer to peer learning, and provide enrichment opportunities for their future growth and learning.
We are intentional about keeping girls in school and we do this through an innovative self-development and knowledge hub focused on self-development at the core with key programmatic focus areas including skills development, Health and Wellbeing Activism, Academic enrichment support and Career guidance.
GESL is seeking a highly skilled curriculum development expert focused on girls’ leadership and advocacy programming. In our tenth year of operating, we would like to strengthen and build our current curriculum and equip our team of peer leads and our in-house team to lead the various modules in the curriculum. The curriculum must be girl centered and focused with a creative, engaging, and innovative edge that will appeal to girls ages 11-18.
- Review and revise existing Curriculum Framework that clearly outlines scope and sequence, learning outcomes and skills outcomes for all modules.
- In-depth review of training toolkit, background documentation, and draft materials in collaboration with program team to understand training curriculum purpose and goals.
- Finalize formatting and production of training package material in collaboration with program team.
Lead piloting of training package materials and lead revision process.
- Lead preliminary trainer of trainers’ course for program/ other staff.
- Proven ability to demonstrate innovative thinking and stimulate an environment that fosters innovation.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills and sound report writing skills.
- Able to work independently to strict timelines.
- Leading by Example.