Country Director – GESL
Role: Country Director
Employer: Girls Empowerment Sierra Leone (GESL)
Application Deadline: 29th September, 2023
Location: Freetown, Sierra Leone.
Application Instructions: Submit CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com with “Country Director” in Subject Line.
The Country Director will be responsible for overseeing/managing all aspects of GESL’s work. She is responsible for ensuring that GESL’s Strategic Plan is implemented, and new strategies developed in line with GESL’s overall strategy and policy objectives.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead the strategic collaboration efforts with partner Organisations, donors and the board.
- Manage the preparation of GESL’s country reports.
- Reviews all reports for onward submission to the board.
- Attend the organisation’s executive meetings.
- Build and maintain relationship with key stakeholder such government officials and donor partners.
- Lead the Programmes Teams in the evaluation of girls’ participation/performance and any other matters as and when relevant.
- Reviews and approves programmes annual workplan.
- Oversee all GESL Fundraising initiatives.
- Provide overall leadership and mentorship for the entire GESL team.
- Providing direction, guidance, and technical support when necessary.
- Oversee budget development component.
- Manage the audit review process and timely response to audit reports.
- Lead and manage the organisation day to day operations.
- Ensure the use of the organisation resources is done in is an effective and efficient manner.
- Promote learning and development by providing opportunities for training and capacity building to enhance the competencies/ productivity of staff.
- Manage the performance of staff, provide managerial guidance and direction, and provide performance feedback and coaching to staff.
Education and Knowledge
- Master’s degree in administration/ Project Management or related Discipline.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible development experience that combines strategic and managerial leadership.
- Experience leading a team.
- Ability to work with diverse key stakeholders and build partnerships.
- Excellent knowledge of gender equality and women’s empowerment.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Excellent programme formulation, implementation and monitoring and evaluation skills.
- Ability to develop plans and budgets and deliver on them.
- Strong strategic planning and project management skills.
- Ability to advocate and interact with partners and decision makers.
- Ability to envision and lead strategic direction.
- Excellent networking skills.