Role: Corporate Driver
Employer: The Embassy of Republic of Iceland in Sierra Leone
Application Deadline: 10th of February, 2024
Location: Freetown, Sierra Leone.
Application Instructions: Submit your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com with “Corporate Driver” in Subject Line.
The Embassy of Iceland in Freetown is a newly established mission. The Embassy is part of the Icelandic Foreign Service, and our role is to strengthen bilateral relations between Iceland and Sierra Leone; support Sierra Leone’s socio-economic development through development cooperation; and protect the interests of Icelandic citizens and provide assistance in need.
The Embassy is seeking to recruit an experienced and committed individual to support the delivery of the Embassy’s priorities by providing safe and timely driving support as well as logistical and administrative support for the efficient operation of the Embassy. The successful candidate will be based in Freetown and will be responsible for a wide range of duties to facilitate the Embassy’s work.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Ensure Embassy staff are driven to/from events, meetings and engagements in a safe and timely fashion within Freetown and across the country as required
- Work closely with the Embassy staff to plan and deliver transport requirements for day-to-day activities and wider Embassy events
- Provide essential administrative and logistical support such as running errands and assisting with minor maintenance around the Embassy office
- Assist with basic office support functions as required
- Provide delivery of transport logistics for Embassy staff and officials upon the request and on particularly complex, large, or high-profile events
- Ensure Embassy vehicles are always prepared, ready for use and have a high level of cleanliness and safety at all times
- Maintain accurate records of vehicle incoming/outgoing logbooks, including mileage, fuel consumption, refuelling authorisation and other relevant data
- Conduct and keep logs of regular vehicle inspections and its accessories to ensure they are in good working condition, reporting any mechanical issues or damages promptly
- Adhere to all traffic laws, regulations, and Embassy driving policies while operating Embassy vehicles and keep abreast of local traffic conditions, road closures, and alternative routes to avoid delays or disruptions in transportation
- Assist in resolving any ad-hoc issues/problems that arise while on duty
- Perform any other relevant duties that may be assigned by the Head of Mission.
Qualification and Experience:
- Must have a High school diploma or equivalent
- At least 7 years of experience working as a professional driver for government/a diplomatic mission/international organisation
- Knowledge of protocol and handling of high-level officials is desirable
- Fluency in both English and Krio
- Have valid Sierra Leone Driver’s License and clean driving record
- Good knowledge of road systems and use of GPS devices or map apps in and out of Freetown.
- First aid skills would be an added advantage
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent time management, communication and observance to protocol
- Ability to effectively interact and work in diverse environment
- Absolute discretion and the ability to keep information seen or heard in confidence
- Formal appearance and dress at all times
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively, constructively and flexibly in a smaller-sized office environment
The Embassy of Iceland welcomes and encourages applications from people of all genders and backgrounds.
Further information about Iceland’s development cooperation in Sierra Leone: