Communications and Fundraising Consultant
Employer: Girls Empowerment Sierra Leone
Supervision and Reporting: Reports to the Board Chair
Liaison/ work with: The Programs Advisor
Duration: 6 Months
Application Deadline: 10th June 2022
Location: Freetown, Sierra Leone. Open to all nationalities.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application Instructions: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with Cover Letter and CV with “Communications and Fundraising Consultant” as Subject Line.
Purpose of Consultancy:
Manage and coordinated the organisational messages and brand campaigning (design materials- lead in developing animation and manage social media handles) in consultation with the GESL Team.
Lead the fundraising component of the organisation.
As a holistic girl driven organization, GESL nurtures and transforms girls into leaders and social change agents to realize their dreams.
GESL offers comprehensive year-round support and programming to girls while giving them the knowledge, tools, resources, and networks to make an impact in their own lives and their communities.
We provide self-development and empowerment programs for communities led by school going girls to bring out their leadership potential, develop their skills, ensure safe space for sisterhood and peer to peer learning, and provide enrichment opportunities for their future growth and learning.
We are intentional about keeping girls in school and we do this through an innovative self-development and knowledge hub focused on self-development at the core with key programmatic focus areas including skills development, Health and Wellbeing Activism, Academic enrichment support and Career guidance.
GESL is seeking a communications and fundraising consultant to support our fundraising and communications efforts this year. The consultant must be willing to work alongside our team to cultivate our fundraising and communication activities.
- Review existing fundraising processes and documentations providing edits or reworking the materials entirely, as needed.
- Understand how major Donors are thinking about the organization’s direction, generally and in reference to specific initiatives, through careful research and analysis.
- Work alongside the executive team to define the pitch used in donor meetings; practice the pitch with the executives and help the management team preempt donor questions.
- Lead in developing concept notes and proposals working with key contacts across Girls Empowerment Sierra Leone.
- Lead in the development and implementation of new prospecting plans, taking into consideration the development trends in Sierra Leone and peer organisations’ work in this field, and maximising opportunities for GESL.
- Oversee GESL communications with donors and partner organisations including the use of emails, social media, roundtables, meetings, and direct communications etc.
- Work in tandem with comms advisory board on maintaining flow of information and content between in country and abroad teams.
- Assist in creating social content for comms advisory board that are in line with the GESL brand.
- A collaborative team player able to work effectively in several different cultures with varying expertise, skills, and backgrounds.
- High level of critical analysis and thinking skills, and passionate about the work of GESL.