Chief Operating Officer
Role: Chief Operating Officer
Employer: Chicken Town Sierra Leone
Application Deadline: 13th October 2023.
Location: Freetown, Sierra Leone. Open to all Nationalities.
Application Instructions: Submit CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com with “COO Chicken Town” in Subject Line.
As a part of the Truestone Group, Chicken Town is a quick service restaurant chain delivering fresh, quality food at affordable prices. Launched in Freetown in May 2019, the chain is the first of its kind in Sierra Leone and has quickly built a reputation as the ‘go-to’ place for great food in a unique environment. Chicken Town aims to replicate the success of comparative African quick-service restaurant chains by implementing a flexible model which caters to diverse markets within Sierra Leone whilst providing considerable employment opportunities for the youth.
The Chicken Town is a fast-growing company composed of a team of hard working and dedicated professionals who are committed to generate dynamism in the SL economy and achieve its corporate goals in the upcoming years.
The Chief Operating Officer is responsible to implement, communicate and support the company’s long-term strategies by supervising its daily business operations and leading its key initiatives. The role includes setting standards for the company and its branches and working closely with management to ensure business processes, employee training, and product quality meets the set standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise and coordinate with all key departments and branches to ensure operational efficiency.
- Optimise business workflows for greater productivity and results.
- Support and oversee the performance of branch supervisors and employees and communicate any policy or operational changes.
- Develop and supervise the implementation of workplace policies such as recruitment standards, performance and KPI management to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in all business activities.
- Consistently build relationships with employees to minimize and resolve points of friction in daily operations.
- Act as first point of contact for operation-led decisions and represents the public face of the company in the absence of CEO.
Budgeting and financial planning:
- Closely work with Finance Department to achieve the company’s revenue benchmarks.
- Discuss and strategise with Management the purchase and sale of assets, possible alliances and investments.
- Together with the CEO, analyse company’s performance and areas of improvement at all levels and make adequate decisions.
- Plan and organise training programmes and workshops to update and enhance the employees’ skills and knowledge.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant health and food safety laws and implement adequate equipment, systems and policies.
Education and Knowledge
- Degree in Business Management, BA or equivalent.
- 5+ year of experience in managerial positions, preferably in hospitality sector.
- Experience in fast pace business environment supervising multiple operations and large group of people is a plus.
- Experience in project management and self-management is added advantage.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent Leadership skills.
- Strong Communicator and Negotiator.
- Critical problem-solving skills.
- Result Oriented/ Self Motivated.
- Must be Reliable and Transparent.
- Must be Patient / Persistent.