Aurora Impact Programme Officer
Role: Aurora Impact Programme Officer
Employer: Aurora Foundation
Application Deadline: 11th September 2023.
Location: Freetown, Sierra Leone.
Application Instructions: Submit CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com with “Aurora Impact Programme Officer” in Subject Line.
The Aurora Impact Programme Officer will provide support to various organisational activities such as training, coaching, and capacity building for young start-ups in Sierra Leone. They are also expected to support start-ups and cooperatives in their growth journey and operational strategies.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Planning and facilitating training related to business start-up initiatives using interactive and participatory methodologies to ensure learning and knowledge outcomes are achieved.
- Provides SME-related thought leadership to all Aurora Impact program development and delivery, advising the team and local networks where possible on entrepreneurship development issues.
- Assists in surveys, including the review and analysis of issues and trends, to better understand the needs of young start-ups and design solutions that best respond to the identified needs.
- Evaluate programme effectiveness and propose improvements to the Programme Manager.
- Provide administrative support to the Programme Manager regarding programme updates, meeting minutes and timely reports.
- Be involved in the selection procedure of new start-ups in the programme, as well as participating in short courses, while participating in interviews and taking effective notes.
- Support entrepreneurs of all Cohorts in the start-up programme.
- Plan and conduct impact assessments with all start-ups and document responses.
- Provide high level technical support (coaching and mentoring) to start-ups combining market based approaches for start-up growth with viable and sustainable business model cases. This includes everything from helping them refine their business plans to connecting them with potential customers and investors.
- Capture learnings and emerging lessons to facilitate scale up and adaptive programming.
- Coordinate, plan and oversee guest speakers for all programmes under Aurora Impact.
- Contribute to project activity planning, reporting and data analysis as needed.
- Assist with planning and execution of events in Aurora.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Business Administration, Entrepreneurship or a related field.
- 5+ years of work experience as a programme officer or similar role.
- Experience in business background especially working with start-ups and cooperatives is required.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft packages and/or other software is an added advantage.
- Knowledge and understanding of concepts and approaches relevant to Small and Medium Enterprises and Start-up Pilots is needed.
- Knowledge of Sierra Leone’s start-up and social enterprise ecosystem is a plus.
- Must also be able to demonstrate experience in training, coaching, and capacity building of young start-ups in Sierra Leone or similar contexts.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Strong commitment to professionalism.
- Demonstrate the ability to work as a team.
- High Planning and Organising skills.
- Possess the ability to think strategically, solve problems and make sound decisions in complex situations.