Employer: Girls Empowerment Sierra Leone
Reporting: Provide monthly reports to the Executive Director
Supervisory Arrangements: This role would be under the supervision of the Executive Director
Duration: 1 year
Location: Freetown, Sierra Leone. Open to all nationalities.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application Instructions: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with Cover Letter and CV with “Animation/Media Consultant” as Subject Line.
Develop animation videos and manage social media platforms with coordinated messages and brand campaigning (design materials) in promotion of GESL activities.
As a holistic girl driven organization, GESL nurtures and transforms girls into leaders and social change agents to realize their dreams.
GESL offers comprehensive year-round support and programming to girls while giving them the knowledge, tools, resources, and networks to make an impact in their own lives and their communities.
We provide self-development and empowerment programs for communities led by school going girls to bring out their leadership potential, develop their skills, ensure safe space for sisterhood and peer to peer learning, and provide enrichment opportunities for their future growth and learning.
We are intentional about keeping girls in school and we do this through an innovative self-development and knowledge hub focused on self-development at the core with key programmatic focus areas including skills development, Health and Wellbeing Activism, Academic enrichment support and Career guidance.
Project Overview: GESL is working on a girls’ leadership project to build a cadre of young women leaders with a feminist understanding of their rights who will lead on activism for zero tolerance of FGM in Sierra Leone. We are currently looking for a consultant to develop animation videos for girls on girl led advocacy relating to FGM.
- Create animation and media content that supports the GESL programs.
- Monitor interactions across GESL social media platforms and proactively engaging them to ensure positive experience.
- Collaborating with the program team members to understand needs, review scripts, design storyboards, and create and edit animations.
- Listening to feedback and altering animations to better suit team needs and ensuring that the final product aligns with the needs of the team and is delivered on time within budget.
- Presenting the final animated piece to clients for their approval.
- Researching industry trends and developments and learning new applications.
Experience of girl’s engagement on social media through the use of social media management tool.